Add sender to blocked senders list?

1936 10:48 24 Nov 2016

I'm getting far to many Emails from organisations I did not contact and I've tried the, " Add sender to blocked senders list" approach but with no effect. Could anyone suggest what else I can do?

Govan1x 11:11 24 Nov 2016

You could at one time depending on which email provider you used click on delete on entry for any blocked senders. Unfortunately a few good senders used to get blocked as well.

I used to use mailwasher pro and you could delete spam from there before it got to your main email account. Now I know that they do a free version but have never tried that.

maybe check your contacts list to make sure you do not have anyone in there that should not be in it.

If you do not have many contacts maybe a new e-mail address would be best.

An e-mail address for friends and family only and another e-mail address for general use would be best.

I hope someone else can give you the advice that you need as there is nothing worse than getting e-mails that you do not want.

1936 11:37 24 Nov 2016

Many thanks for that information. I have been thinking about a new Email address but am not certain how to go about it. I can't do that for the moment because my Desktop computer which is the main one is with a computer engineer at the moment but I would like to create a new address when it returns. Could you please offer me a couple of hints as to how I set about the task.

Govan1x 12:00 24 Nov 2016

This one from Outlook.com is just a matter of clicking on Create an account.

But having a look at the problems they are having just now maybe someone can advise on a better one

Click Here

1936 12:02 24 Nov 2016

Many thanks.

Govan1x 12:06 24 Nov 2016

Oops not sure if that is for Microsoft outlook or outlook.com.

So ignore last post until someone can give you better information.

You can open new accounts using your own e-mail provider if you would prefer staying with them.

1936 12:10 24 Nov 2016

Oops not sure if that is for Microsoft outlook or outlook.com. So ignore last post until someone can give you better information. You can open new accounts using your own e-mail provider if you would prefer staying with them. That's a point. At the moment I use what I think is Windows, Live Mail although I have seen other providers mentioned and I wonder if Live Mail is outdated and if there are any superior providers.

Govan1x 17:44 24 Nov 2016

I use Windows live mail and have 5 e-mails with it. It is a bit outdated and not sure what they will do with it.

Like I said there seems to be problems With outlook.com and most of the rest of microsoft e-mail programs.

They have been working on them for a while now and dont seem to be winning.

There is always Thunderbird, I have not used it before but it used to have a good reputation.

With live mail if you have problems you can delete the email provider that you use on it then install it again.

That sometimes gets rid of the problems. if you have outlook.Live.or Hotmail accounts I think you can expect some problems just now.

Govan1x 17:50 24 Nov 2016

I should have said unlike you I get very few if any spam e-mails.In windows live mail go into File. Options. Safety options and make sure high is dotted as that gets rid of most junk mail.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Climate change, War and #MeToo: 'Ugly Truth' Christmas jumpers show the dark side to modern life

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Windows 10 : comment désactiver Cortana ?