add remove control panel

chippy+ 17:11 27 Nov 2008

hi i have a large blue space before ad remove list
in the control panelcan anyone help thanks Chippy

Gongoozler 17:37 27 Nov 2008

I've never come across this problem, but I suspect that it could be a registry entry that doesn't point anywhere and is causing a blank where there ought to be a program entry. Try a registry cleaner such as RegSeeker click here.

BurrWalnut 18:46 27 Nov 2008

This is usually due to the DisplayIcon registry value for an item having a negative number.

Click Start > Run, type regedit, press Enter and navigate to
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall. Scroll down the sub-keys in the left pane and look at the corresponding value of DisplayIcon in the right pane.

If the end of any of the lines has a negative number, say -1, right-click and Modify it to 1 (one).

BurrWalnut 18:52 27 Nov 2008

I misread your post and gave you the key for Add Or Remove having a huge blank space:

Here is the key for Control Panel having a blank space:
Navigate to registry key HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don’tload and delete items in the right pane that you want to see in Control Panel.

chippy+ 19:17 27 Nov 2008

hi BurrWalnut it is the when i look in add or remove programs the panel is blue and then i have to scroll nearly to the botom before the programs show thanks Chippy

BurrWalnut 19:23 27 Nov 2008

You want my first post then.

I should have also said that this can be caused by malware. If you have no keys with a minus sign in them, run your 'anti' programs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough, a non-profit against sexual misconduct

What to ask Siri on the HomePod

Meilleurs VPN (2018)