add memory to HP 15 TS Notebook

bluetwo 22:27 15 Jul 2016

I have just bought 4GB memory to add to my Hewlett Packard HP15 TS Notebook but I can't find a video showing exactly how to do it. The ones I've seen so far look as if you have practically take the laptop to bits to install, but they are not my model. Where can I find a video which will clearly show it? Is it just the back removal that's needed for my model. Thank you.

Secret-Squirrel 18:55 17 Aug 2016

exactly which model?

Look up the thread a bit ;)

click here

That's not it.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:49 17 Aug 2016

Ireally need some new glasses :)

bluetwo 08:14 18 Aug 2016

FruitBat/(/\, The HP Notebook was purchased from Currys. The recept referes to an HP G091SA. I don't know whether the O is a Zero or a letter. I've tried both. There is no mention of a Pavilon anywhere. Puzzling? BeLarc, with which I'm sure you are familiar, refers to t as "Hewlett Packard HP 15 TS Notebook PC." I'm going nuts trying to figure out what on the Mode is. Thanks to all. Hope your eyesight is O.K.

Secret-Squirrel 08:50 18 Aug 2016

The recept referes to an HP G091SA. I don't know whether the O is a Zero or a letter. I've tried both. There is no mention of a Pavilon anywhere. Puzzling?

It's not puzzling to me.

Over one month ago I asked for the full model number and I then gave you a direct link to its service manual.

Here's a link to the product information and here's the support page that has the link to the service manual I mentioned. Also, here's the link to Crucial that says you only have one RAM slot. MrMemory says the same too.

bluetwo 15:16 18 Aug 2016

Secret Squirrel, Thank you. To get more memory for my laptop I went onto Crucial website and Crucial scanned my laptop and told me I had two slots one with 4GB and one empty so I went ahead and bought the memory from Crucial which they recommended. This is really doing my head in! Whatever it is I have a 4GB memory on my desk. Unfortunately my eyes are going so I can't trust myself to open the laptop up and [robably mess it up. Ce laVie! Cheers all.

Secret-Squirrel 16:02 18 Aug 2016

... Crucial scanned my laptop and told me I had two slots one with 4GB and one empty....

Ah, OK then. If Belarc and Crucial say the same then perhaps they're right and I'm wrong.

Unfortunately my eyes are going so I can't trust myself to open the laptop.............

Hopefully I've given you the wrong manual as those memory removal instructions look horrendously tricky and involve taking the whole laptop to pieces to get to the RAM. If you turn the laptop upside down can you see any square or oblong panels that you can unscrew? If you can then the RAM slots may be there.

bluetwo 07:49 19 Aug 2016

Secret Squirrel, Thank you. Unfortunately the only removable panel is where the power button is - battery compartment. No other removable panel. Shucks! Looks like I'll have to pay to have the memory fitted. I know a good computer repair shop which can do it - reasonably cheaply? The memory module only cost £20. Crazy, isn't it? Thank you all. You've been very patient. Cheers.

bluetwo 17:21 06 Sep 2016

Secret Squirrel, Today I took my HP laptop to aPC repair shop and asked him to install the Crucial memory. This afternoon I learned that there IS only one memory slot in my laptop, so you were absolutely correct is saying so. The guy fitted an 8GB memory and charged me £50, which I thought was pretty good. I now have to go through the rigmarole with Crucial to get a refund. Thank you very much and you are entirely vindicated. Regards to all who helped and my thanks.

Secret-Squirrel 18:02 06 Sep 2016

Thanks for returning with an update.

£50 is very reasonable for an 8GB module fitted by a professional.

...........now have to go through the rigmarole with Crucial to get a refund.

There'll be no rigmarole. You used the Crucial Scanner and you ordered the module using the information it gave you. That information was wrong so you will have no problems in getting a full refund. You can return it online by clicking the link at the bottom of the Crucial site, or if you prefer to speak to someone, ring their freephone number: 0800 013 0330.

bluetwo 21:53 06 Sep 2016

Secret Squirrel, Thanks again. I went on to Micro Europe Ltd. webste (which Crucial traded under) and got a phone number - but it wasn't a Freephone. I'll use your number and ring up tomorrow. Thanks again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo A9 2020 Review

Gorillaz: Reject False Icons review – plenty of music, but where's the art?

New Apple products predictions 2020

Noël (2019) : idées cadeaux & guide d'achat !