Adaware Corrupt

Wiliwombat 00:42 03 Nov 2004

Hi can anyone help. About to run adaware because I now have another seach bar under my NTL on with New, MP3, England, Dating etc buttons and at the bottom of my screen another one with Mortgages, Jobs Etc. and a box comes up telling me Warning Ref File not found or corrupt. Check for updates. What's happening. I'm a novice at this so any help appreciate. Also NTL are upgrading our service (FOC???) and I'm not sure if this is part of the upgrade. Should I uninstall adaware and reinstall or what.HELP?????? PS Also getting a few pop ups for gambling (I run AVG, ZA and Pop-Up-Stopper).

Cook2 01:04 03 Nov 2004

Download and run this > click here

Cook2 01:05 03 Nov 2004

Download and run this > click here

Wiliwombat 01:35 03 Nov 2004

Thanks Cook2 - will try this and let you know how I get on.

VCR97 19:40 03 Nov 2004

Try reinstalling Adaware. If that doesn't work try a new download. If that doesn't work try a new download from a different site ,eg, click here

jellyhead 19:55 03 Nov 2004

Had the same problem as wiliwombat, uninstalled adaware and downloaded adaware se from lavasoft site seems to be working much faster than original

Wiliwombat 23:41 03 Nov 2004

Tried Spybot but it came up with nothing. Uninstalled Ad-aware and then reinstalled AdawareSE it came up with 260 things??? and i've put them into quarantine. I still have these two extra search bars and I can't even close them down now. I've tried locking and unlocking the toolbars but it doesn't help. I think I will have to do a system restore. Anyone any other ideas. Thanks everyone for the help. Much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

8 brilliant character artists speaking at Pictoplasma 2018

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?