AdAware - core application 1.05

Carafaraday 16:32 26 Nov 2004

I have AdAware (the freebie) and have just updated it but it appears that there is a new 'core application'. I have 1.03 and 1.05 is available to download.
I am not quite sure how to go about downloading this or even whether it's worth bothering as I have a dialup connection. My original installation was from one of the PCA cd's. Would I be just as well to wait until an updated version appeared on a cd? Any advice would be appreciated.

Cook2 16:36 26 Nov 2004

Here it is click here it will uninstall the old version and reinstall the new. Download all updates and then run an ad search.
Simplicity for a person of my years.

ACOLYTE 16:37 26 Nov 2004

The new one is 1.5 SE its well worth doing,as for installing it should do it for you.

Cook2 16:38 26 Nov 2004

and

It says 6 mins 26 secs on dial-up.

Carafaraday 16:40 26 Nov 2004

Thanks to all who replied. I'm not too good at this sort of thing and am confused by terms such as 'mirror sites'. Do I just click on one of them such as download.com and then follow instructions? Is it really as simple as that?

Mango Grummit 16:43 26 Nov 2004

Yes

Carafaraday 16:45 26 Nov 2004

Sorry to be such a pain but should I save the download or run it? and if I save it, what do I do with it to install it?
Sorry, but I really need the basics here.

ACOLYTE 16:48 26 Nov 2004

Download and save it that way you dont need to do it again,then clcik to run it and it will do it for you.

Carafaraday 17:19 26 Nov 2004

Downloaded, installed and run - many thanks for your help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HTC U12 Plus review: Hands-on

Best Android emulators for Mac

TV & Streaming : comment regarder Roland Garros ?