Adaware 2007 query

gazmix 01:56 19 Jan 2008

Hi
I have the latest Adaware programme & am unsure as to what to delete or quaranteen. I have read all the info pages.
I had Adaware SE before & just deleted what it found, but as the new version is more delicate & finds more stuf i'm unsure what to delete!

I notice the 'TAI' threat analysis index, has shown level 3, just cookies etc & they can be deleted as far as it says, but should i just leave the settings alone & occasionaly run it! & erase! Even if i quaranteen, i'm not sure what to un-quaranteen if theres a prob!!
Any advice appreciated!
Gaz

howard64 12:16 19 Jan 2008

I generally delete all level 1 and 2 threats but do not normally bother with level3

gazmix 17:09 20 Jan 2008

i thought the higher the number, the more serious the threat, so anything above 3 would be more likely to need deleting!!
just wondered if stuff it finds should be deleted as am worried about deleting something it finds & damaging my system or something i may need!!

Widow's Son 17:13 20 Jan 2008

If that worries you quarantine for a while then delete later. That way you can put it back if it causes problems

Widow's Son 17:18 20 Jan 2008

I can't spell quarantine either - but if you use firefox it'll spell check automatically :)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?