Ad-aware

Green 1 03:06 05 Feb 2003

I hope I`m not doing wrong puting this here but just to tell all that Ad-aware 6 is now out at lavasoft3.element5.com I had to go to the forum to get an address that worked but it looks ok. Hope I`ve not done any wrong.

powerless 03:22 05 Feb 2003

Although it has been posted before that its been released.

A reminder still...

Sir Radfordin™ 08:19 05 Feb 2003

The free version is still not available.

My understanding of the begining of Feb must be different to theres!

emperor 08:48 05 Feb 2003

The free version of AdAware 6 is available for download from the LavaSoft site.
Look in the Forums section under announcements. The announcement about the free version being available has a list of links at the bottom from which the free version can be downloaded.
Use this route at present rather than the Downloads section, as the links there are not yet active.

vulcanian 09:35 05 Feb 2003

emperor is quite correct.
Have just downloaded it.

MalcSP 09:56 05 Feb 2003

But, what does Ad-aware do for you? Is is something I should use?

Noels 10:19 05 Feb 2003

It gives you the opportunity to remove spyware cookies which some sites drop on your computer.

I also use Super Cleaner from South Bay click here This is much more comrehensive. Though not free. You get a months free trial then you can buy at a reasonable price for what you get

Regards Noels

Stokey 10:22 05 Feb 2003

MalcSP, probably not worth bothering with now. During the time they have been "off the market" several other alternatives have come along. How many of these things do we need?

MalcSP 11:15 05 Feb 2003

Thanks for the advice. I've looked at super cleaner and am persuaded that I should get it. Thanks to you both Noels and Stokey.

MalcSP 11:15 05 Feb 2003

Thanks for the advice. I've looked at super cleaner and am persuaded that I should get it. Thanks to you both Noels and Stokey.

Lozzy 11:43 05 Feb 2003

click here for the free version

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Inside the iMac Pro - Apple's most powerful Mac yet

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?