Acronis True Image

Dekka123 00:17 18 Aug 2005

Hi all I hope someone can help me with this problem. I have recently installed the above programme and created a full disk backup which was fine. I have now done an incremental back up which was also successful but it has produced another image file which is correct. When I come to restore the image will I have to restore both image files. I have looked at the help file but I cant really understand it and I dont want to mess things up if I do have to restore at some point. Thanks in anticipation.

johnnyrocker 01:22 18 Aug 2005

os? and what do acronis say about this?

johnny.

€dstowe 06:30 18 Aug 2005

Acronis makes these decisions for you. If you have a choice of incremental backups of different dates, it will ask which date you want to backup. It will assume the latest one if it is not told otherwise. After a few confirmation mouse clicks, it will then automatically go through the re-install procedure based on that information. There is no messing around required on your part other than that and within half an hour you will be up and running again.

Dekka123 07:48 18 Aug 2005

Thank you very much for speedy replies to Johnyrocker and €dstowe. Once again this forum has come up trumps. What would we do without it. Thanks again.

Dekka123 07:48 18 Aug 2005

Thank you very much for speedy replies to Johnyrocker and €dstowe. Once again this forum has come up trumps. What would we do without it. Thanks again.

David4637 16:42 18 Aug 2005

I have a cover disc version of this, it has incremental back up but creates an incremental backup with a file size similar to the original. Do you find this file size is much smaller than the main file - worth checking it out? David

dagwoood 17:13 18 Aug 2005

I've also had incremental back up files that are nearly as large as the "original" file.

After thinking about it, it makes sense(to me anyway :) ). If in between back ups you perform a defrag, installled/deleted s/w or the IdleTime processes have ran, then files that were in one location on the drive will now be in another, some may have even been compressed. All this sort of activity has obviously changed the "image" of the drive state, so when you run an incremental back up, all these changes will have an impact on the image created by True Image, hence the increase in the size of the back up.

HTH, dagwoood.

David4637 18:40 19 Aug 2005

Thanks for a bit of sensible logic. If one did a full back, then an incremental one straight away then this would be a valid test for an incremental back up? Thanks David

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?