Acrobat 7

U10 19:52 19 Mar 2005

Acrobat 7 professional can now be bought on e-bay at a fraction of it's true cost. The offers seem genuine and are for new CDs (obviously without box, manual etc. Does anyone know if there's a catch - it seems too good to be true!!

Joe R 20:05 19 Mar 2005

Acrobat 7,

as a rule, ( and i'm sure most in the forum will agree ) "If its too good to be true", it usually is.

bremner 20:06 19 Mar 2005

.............it seems too good to be true.

Then it almost certainly will be.

It retails at about £220 for the full version how much is it being offered for on eBay?

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:07 19 Mar 2005

without box, manual etc. also without serial number, therefore useless?

TomJerry 20:34 19 Mar 2005

Acrobat 7 needs to be activatived with Adobe the same way as WinXP, so it will be useless even you get CD and serial number if it is a dodgy one

U10 20:34 19 Mar 2005

Serial numbers are included so the software can be used - but I'm still suspicious!

bremner 20:39 19 Mar 2005

How much is it?

numskull 20:44 19 Mar 2005

Be careful! I have been caught out buying software from e-bay as it turned out to be a copy.
I would suggest only buying software if it is boxed, preferably sealed.

U10 22:05 19 Mar 2005

The current offers for Acrobat range from about £10 up to the full price of £200. Interestingly the offers (from lots of different sellers) are all for the professional and not the standard version. I suppose I could e-mail a couple of the sellers and ask a few questions - most of them are keen not to lose their ratings.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?