Acer laptop will not boot

oldfox 20:33 19 Mar 2018

Hi everyone, Acer Aspre 5920g original configuration- recent factory reset. Today I booted up as normal just to charge my kindle. Home screen ok for about 2 minutes then went black. Had to shut down via the main button. Tried to boot again. Hdd and cd rom lights flashed as normal then one loud beep from the laptop and nothing more. Subsequent boots produce the same lights but no beep. Power light on. I have tried removing battery and waiting. Also removed ram and reseated. Nothing but the black screen. Can anyone suggest what has happened? Perhaps a remedy? Any help gratefully received.

oldfox 21:10 19 Mar 2018

Just an update. I removed all power and held the power button down for 20 secs. On trying again the computer went a little wild with the screen flashing and then attempted to display the boot screen, (windows did not shut down correctly etc) but it was fading in and out from the bottom lh corner, sort of blooming if you know what I mean. It seemed to try several times to boot, but had now returned to the black screen.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixel 3 review

Automatically create thousands of unique variations from one original design with this Illustrator…

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Test : le Razer Phone 2