ACER laptop with Vista

Daisy22 20:13 28 Dec 2008

My 2 kb PC with Vista is almost full and I am wondering if I can delete ACER Empowering Technology, plus any of the other ACER programmes without it affecting any other programmes on the PC.

I don't have too many photos, no music so am not sure why the C drive is almost full. I've already taken off games that came with the Vista package.

Any help gratefully listened to.

brundle 20:16 28 Dec 2008

Yes you can get rid of them.
View drive usage with; click here

Reset (but don't actually reduce) the space used for Vista's System Restore; click here

brundle 20:17 28 Dec 2008

Disk cleanup; click start orb, type in the search box;

cleanmgr

press return

or

CCleaner to clear temporary files; click here

tullie 20:18 28 Dec 2008

Hope its not a 2kb pc?As far as i am aware,you dont need any of the Acer products,i removed mine vages ago.can you give us info on your hard drive,operating system etc.

MAT ALAN 20:22 28 Dec 2008

My 2 kb PC with Vista is almost full

That would be Vista then...

Daisy22 21:15 28 Dec 2008

Sorry I meant 2 gb.

It's got 2 drives, C drive and D drive. D drive has 44.1 GB free but C drive says only 3.00 GB free.

Operating system is Vista - which I've got used to and quite like although I know it takes up a lot of space.

So I'll take off all the ACER software which should free up some space. What else uses up space? I don't even have a printer or scanner on here and no other programmes, apart from a camera software, so not much really.

Thanks for help

Simmpy 21:26 28 Dec 2008

You have plenty of space on the D drive, I'm not an expert but I am assuming (as I have an Acer Laptop with a similar set up) you can just start using the D drive when the C is nearly full?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)