ACER laptop e1-522 black screen

marcusneville 10:42 19 Jan 2017

Laptop was working fine, no problems then when I tried to turn it on the blue power on light comes on but witihin a few seconds the black screen blinks to a slightly lighter black screen and back to black again intermittnetly. Also quiet whirring sound then stops then tries again. Anything I can do to fix, I have removed battery, held power off for 30 secs and tried power cable only. Any combo of function keys to try? or is it a possible connection issue. Cheers

chub_tor 13:04 19 Jan 2017

First thing I would do to check would be to see if it is a screen fault. According to the instruction manual you can turn the display on and off to save power with Fn + F6, although toucking any key should restore things back to normal.

Can you connect an external monitor to either the HDMI or VGA port on the side? If so use Fn =F5 to toggle the external display on and off.

You can access the handbook here

chub_tor 13:05 19 Jan 2017

To get the external monitor it should be Fn + F5, sorry.

Belatucadrus 16:21 19 Jan 2017

Sounds to me like a failed back-light tube, agree with chub_tor, try an external monitor will reveal if it's only a screen issue.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

This graphic novel uses AR to blur the lines between cartoon, comic and video game

How to watch Apple's October 2018 iPad launch

Comment d├ęsinstaller des applications sur un Mac ?