Acer Crystal Eye Web Cam

Jimbo50 23:26 06 Oct 2008

I have an Acer Travelmate 5520 with the Crystal Eye web cam. I havent used it (but it was working originally)and when I did want to use it I received the message "camera not found". In Device Manager there is no heading for Imaging Devices. I have downloaded updated drivers but the problem seams to be recognising the hardware.

As with all things it is just out of warranty!

I cannot find anything on any sites to help solve the problem.

Does anyone have any ideas??

many thanks
Jimbo

Jimbo50 09:27 04 Nov 2008

A whole month and not one reply, this is most dissapointing!! Nobody with any ideas then?

I have downloaded two sets of drivers, Suyin and Bison, but don't know which is the correct one but in any case neither one seems to make a difference.

I would be grateful for any response.

Many thanks.

dogtrack 10:25 04 Nov 2008

I have a 7720 Acer laptop with the Crystal Eye webcam...there is an UNINSTALL facility in the Start/Programs list. If the cam is still not recognised when rebooting, I am inclined to think it has received some physical damage at sometime. A knock on the lid perhaps? Vibration from hard lid closing, all be it unintentional, it could be enough to loosen a connection. They are quite sensitive devices.

I know it's not what you want to hear. But on a brighter note, external webcams are available quite cheaply nowadays.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

Creative studio Omnibus' brand identity for We Said Enough fights back against sexual misconduct

WWDC history: Apple's product launches since 2005

Espace de stockage : comment libérer de la mémoire sur votre iPhone ?