Acer Aspire M startup issue

wordnew1 19:30 18 Feb 2018

My Acer Aspire M laptop has become finicky when starting up. Even with a full battery charge it will only stat up with the charger plugged in, or will attempt to start up then shuts down after a second or two if the charger is not plugged in. Any ideas, or something I should try to remedy this issue? Not exactly an IT whiz here but I can attempt anything rudimentary. Thanks in advance to anyone with an idea or thought(s).

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 20:48 18 Feb 2018

Take the battery out and try on mains only , a bad battery can pull the mains power down and stop the machine from starting.

wordnew1 22:45 19 Feb 2018

Thanks for the tip, but I reset the battery from the back of the laptop and all is well. Thanks

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus