Acer aspire E5-575 water spill

chrslee 05:45 26 Feb 2018

Earlier tonight, I spilled a little water on my Acer Aspire. It was not turned on at all. It was closed, but when I dried all the water off, I opened it up and saw some water on the inside, on the screen, which I wiped off, and water on the upper left edges of the keyboard. No water got in the keyboard that I know of, but I did see some get in the upper edges. I didn't turn it on, and am currently just drying it off propped on its side. Is there anything else I should do? I'm kind of scared to turn it on.

wee eddie 08:27 26 Feb 2018

You're right to be scared. Should you turn it on, while any part of the electronics it wet, a short circuit will occur at that point and there is a high chance that your computer will die.

My guide method, to gauge how long it will take to dry, is to wet a mug or plate, and place it next to the computer, when it is totally dry, you can turn your computer back on.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 26 Feb 2018

Put it in the airng cpboard or next to the central heating boiler or next to a radiator for 24hrs beforee attempting to switch on it should then be OK.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone X (2018)