Acer aspire E5-575 water spill

chrslee 05:45 26 Feb 2018

Earlier tonight, I spilled a little water on my Acer Aspire. It was not turned on at all. It was closed, but when I dried all the water off, I opened it up and saw some water on the inside, on the screen, which I wiped off, and water on the upper left edges of the keyboard. No water got in the keyboard that I know of, but I did see some get in the upper edges. I didn't turn it on, and am currently just drying it off propped on its side. Is there anything else I should do? I'm kind of scared to turn it on.

wee eddie 08:27 26 Feb 2018

You're right to be scared. Should you turn it on, while any part of the electronics it wet, a short circuit will occur at that point and there is a high chance that your computer will die.

My guide method, to gauge how long it will take to dry, is to wet a mug or plate, and place it next to the computer, when it is totally dry, you can turn your computer back on.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:54 26 Feb 2018

Put it in the airng cpboard or next to the central heating boiler or next to a radiator for 24hrs beforee attempting to switch on it should then be OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

Beck album covers ranked – his best artwork from the '90s to now

Best iPhone & iPad games 2019

iPhone SE 2 : date de sortie, prix et autres rumeurs