acer aspire cracked screen problem

ali5kids 15:11 11 Mar 2010

Bought my son an acer aspire 5732z laptop for xmas, 2weeks ago i was using it when i finished i shut it down closed the lid and returned it to his room he shouted down 10 minutes later accusing me of breaking it so i went up up to see
when i looked at it the screen had broken in the bottom left hand corner there was like a black bubble and loads of lines across the bottom half of the screen making it unreadable on closer inspection there are 4 straight cracks running through the black bubble coming from the middle of the left hinge. I am today returning the laptop to acer for repair but when phoning them they said if it is decided it was my fault that i would have to pay for the repair.
Is this a typical fault on these laptops as it is only 2 months old and is not used a great deal i feel this is probably a manufacturing fault can anyone help with reports of this whether it is a regular occurrence on these machines or if from my description of the fault you aggree it is or is not a manufacturing defect
many thanks
ali5kids

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:52 11 Mar 2010

click here

lots of people report screen cracks for no apparent reason.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Honor 9 Lite review

18 Best Adult Colouring In Books 2018

HomePod review

Les meilleures séries Netflix (2018)