Accessing Windows XP Admin User Files/Folders

[DELETED] 17:03 12 Oct 2003

Hi,

I have recently bought a laptop running XP and, before i set myself up with a user name giving me 'admin' status and privilages used the default Admin user already set up. I used this to save some files but since setting myself up as an Admin i can't find those files i saved as an 'admin'. Does anyone know where they'll be or how i can find/access them?

Thanks

[DELETED] 17:09 12 Oct 2003

Push & hold windows key and press f key then search for them by name or extension

recap 17:09 12 Oct 2003

To gain access to this account (once you have found it) you will need the correct user name and password. As this is the default Admin account I do not think you will have these as these would have been set by Microsoft. For your future reference it would be better to just change the default Admin Accounts name.

[DELETED] 17:15 12 Oct 2003

...when i first started up the laptop the user name Admin appeared and asked for a passowrd which i entered and set. I then copied some files from my desktop. Reading through the booklet it suggested i set up a new 'Admin' account for myself as soon as possible for security reasons. I then did this but when i re-booted i no longer had the option to log on as the Admin user that i first had - just the new user name i had set up. Now, for some reason, the files i saved first off i can't find.

[DELETED] 17:22 12 Oct 2003

Once you have created regular user accounts, the default Administrator account vanishes from the Welcome screen, which you see when the computer starts up. Press Ctrl-Alt-Delete twice at the Welcome screen to retrieve the standard logon dialog. You can log on as Administrator from here.

Chris

[DELETED] 18:55 12 Oct 2003

Cheers Spikey Chris - that's exactly what i needed to know.

Good work fella - appreciated!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The Huawei P20 Pro is the best phone for artists, designers and photographers

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

TV & Streaming : comment regarder la Supercoupe d’Espagne ?