'Access Denied ...' when deleting folders

datkat 12:55 30 Nov 2003

When setting up my new PC with Windows XP Home Edition, I rather foolishly (as it turns out) tried to copy my Systems and Windows files, knowing that they would be too large for one CD-RW but expecting to be prompted to insert one or more additional CD-RWs. I now know that this technology has yet to be developed!
Having reduced the number of files waiting to be copied to CD-RW, I'm now unable to complete the task as 'Access is denied ...'.
The folders and files waiting to be copied to CD-RW are FONTS (MICROSS AND TIMESBD, True Font files of, respectively 299 KB and 328 KB) and WINDOWS with the FONTS sub-folder (ARIALBI and MICROSS files).
I have implemented, as best I can, the advice and guidance given in Microsoft Knowledge Base articles 298345 ('Access Denied' Error Message When You Try to Delete a File); 308418 (How to: Set, View, Change, or Remove Files and Folders Permissions in Windows XP); 308419 (How to: Set, View, Change, or Remove Special Permissions for Files and Folders in Windows XP); and 308421 (How to: Take Ownership of a File or Folder in Windows XP), all to no avail.
I'd appreciate any suggestions as to what else might be worth trying.
David Thompson

leo49 13:11 30 Nov 2003

If you're only copying files why does your thread title and the articles you've read refer to deleting?[which of course Windows won't allow if they're system files or in use}

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?