Access denied in Vista

hgrock 06:50 06 Jan 2009

I have recently been using vista, and i am having access denied to several folders if i try to open them in windows explorer, eg application dater folder, my documents, local settings, templates, send to, print hood, to name but a few.
I am the only user on the PC with full admin rights.
is there a way around this, even when i look in properties there is full access allowed. there is a doggy file in application data i want to look at. thanks for any help on this folks

rdave13 07:22 06 Jan 2009

Try swtching off UAC temporarily. Type 'user' in start/search box- click on user accounts-- 'turn user account control on or off'. Needs a reboot. Turn back on when finished.

nedster 22:40 16 Jan 2010

There are 4 users set up on my computer, with my account being the only one set up with Administrator status.

When downloading an update to my Satnav I am requested to choose where the file downloads to, but wherever I select, I then get the pop-up window telling me that I do not have access to do so, and that I need to contact the administrator. I am the administrator!

What's turned off or going wrong please?

Woolwell 23:28 16 Jan 2010

You should have started a new thread instead of hi-jacking this one. Which brand Satnav?

jorf 13:43 17 Jan 2010

I have the same problem and have done exactly as suggested but still cannot access Documents & Settings any further guidance would be appreciated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?