ABIT ZM6 Motherboard BIOS update

wobbler 21:26 02 Apr 2003

I am trying to install a 60gb hard drive on my abit zm6 m/b, but on boot up the bios freezes at the hard disk detection prompt and although I am prompted to press F4 nothing happens. Do I need a bios update and if so where can I get one from?

LastChip 23:32 02 Apr 2003

First of all, you need to identify the BIOS version you already have, and see if the "NM" version dated 7 January 2000 is a later version.

This BIOS update, does support drives larger than 40GB, and there are even more recent updates than that.

However, if you have never done a BIOS flash before, make sure you have all the required information to hand. This operation should not be taken lightly, and you can read many threads here about ruined motherboards that have had "flashes" go wrong.

Make absolutely sure you have the correct files AND you know exactly how to go about it. If not, seek help from someone who has carried out the procedure.

The BIOS files are available click here

and a tutorial click here

wobbler 00:18 03 Apr 2003

Thanks for the help. But the tutorial refers to AWDFLASH and I cant find that either on the hard drive or the m/b CD. any ideas?

wobbler 00:18 03 Apr 2003

Thanks for the help. But the tutorial refers to AWDFLASH and I cant find that either on the hard drive or the m/b CD. any ideas?

LastChip 09:44 03 Apr 2003

You will find this application on the ABIT site.

It is the program that "flashes the BIOS".

The BIOS file, is the code that is installed in the BIOS.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?