A2 - False Positive

johndrew 19:19 26 Jun 2006

I did a scan yesterday and had 8 hits that meant nothing to me. I have run other checkers (Ad-Aware, SpyBot and Defender) with no reports of this nature. The only possible source that I can think of is RootkitRevealer which I downloaded a few days back.

I am adding only one as an example as the only difference between them is the CLID number.

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{35B8892D-C3FB-4D88-990D-31DB2EBD72BD}\InprocServer32 --> ThreadingModel Trace.Registry.iMesh 6

Can anyone confirm whether they are false positives or do I have a problem?

Many thanks in anticipation.

Chris Webster 20:25 26 Jun 2006

You could also try posting your question here too click here

Cheers Chris.

sunny staines 07:58 27 Jun 2006

click here

see the thread it is covered near the end.

sunny staines 07:59 27 Jun 2006

sorry wrong spyware...ignore above

johndrew 16:24 28 Jun 2006

Thanks for your response.

I posted as you suggested (after finding I had forgotten my password - come to that I had forgotten I`d registered!!) and today found an addition to my post from a guy in Hong Kong with the same question.

There was also a response from Emsisoft which I don`t fully understand but believe to mean it was something to do with the scanner software which has now been fixed. The actual words are below:

`Fixed. Seems to be a double usage of the same ClsIDs.`

Maybe you could confirm my interpretation or correct me.

Thanks again for your help.

Chris Webster 20:44 28 Jun 2006

johndrew,

From what I can gather the false positive problem has been fixed with the next A-Squared online update. Have you downloaded the latest updates. If not, update then run the scan again.

Cheers Chris.

johndrew 11:32 29 Jun 2006

Chris Webster,

I always try to stay up to date with anti-malware and have updated yesterday and scanned again. No repeat of the 8 hits so it looks as if the problem is fixed.

Many thanks for your help & advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

No need to scan sketches into your computer with Moleskine's new smart pen

How to use 3D Touch on iPhone

Comment importer des contacts d’un iPhone à un autre iPhone ?