8mm cassettes types of tapes

bluetwo 10:44 07 Mar 2018

I have a Sanyo VM-RZ1P Video8 Camcorder which is not working properly. I have a lot of Video8 cassettes which are full and I want to transfer to PC/DVD. I am, therefor , looking for a cheap camcorder to transfer the tapes. I am getting, on ebay, 8mm,Hi8 and video 8 camcarders. Can someone tell me - are thrse different types of tape or diferent names for the same ite,? Thank you.

Forum Editor 15:02 07 Mar 2018

You can play your original tapes on either type of camera, but you can't use a video8 camera to play a tape that was recorded on a video Hi8 camera.

bluetwo 09:16 08 Mar 2018

Hi, Forum Editor, Thank you for your help. Much obliged. Regards.

bluetwo 11:56 11 Apr 2018

Hi all,. I've ditched the Sanyo - it was defect. I have a Canon MV5i camcorder with a lot of cassettes and want to transfer the cassette contents to DVD. Which is the best/cheapest way to transfer? Thank you all.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon Prime Day 2018: Best Deals & Launches

The humble pint glass is redesigned from bottoms up by design legend Sir Kenneth Grange

The best Amazon Prime Day Apple deals 2018

Quel est le meilleur antivirus pour Windows ?