6 days left of trial version AVG

Halmer 16:47 06 Sep 2009

Just booted my laptop up and had a message that I have 6 days left of the trial version.

I thought that I had the free version.

Has anyone else had this?

birdface 17:06 06 Sep 2009

Not quite sure but does it not automatically go revert to the free version.

Technotiger 17:08 06 Sep 2009

As buteman says, normally such trial versions automatically revert to being the Free versions, at the end of the trial period.

Halmer 17:30 06 Sep 2009

after using AVG for over five years.

Halmer 19:22 06 Sep 2009

happened on my main PC also as they were both updated to version 8.5.409 on the same day.

Sea Urchin 19:57 06 Sep 2009

You have unwittingly downloaded the trial version of AVG Internet Security - which confusingly has the same version number (8.5.409) as the free AVG Free Edition.

You'll need to uninstall that and then download the correct free version.

click here

Halmer 21:54 06 Sep 2009

the trial version must have been put on the file hippo site because that's all I ever use.

Sea Urchin 23:47 06 Sep 2009

I have to say that sounds unlikely on FileHippo - so there may be some other strange explanation for your "six days left". Whatever the reason I would still try re-installing.

ened 06:24 07 Sep 2009

Try Avast.

It is also free.

I had used AVG for years and only switched because I had problems with an upgrade but now I much prefer Avast.

AVG never once gave me a warning about a connection, yet when I ran a scan it would occasionally find a virus.

Avast gives me warnings if I open a dodgy page and the opportunity to 'Abort' and never once has it found a virus during a Full Scan.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Dell XPS 13 9370 (2018) review

The art of 'British' pulp fiction

Best password managers for Mac

TV & streaming : comment regarder le Tournoi des Six Nations 2018 ?