3 TB external hard drive report no data

RISC OS user 13:38 13 Mar 2019
Answered

My daughter was using the external HDD yesterday to backup her work and all appeared to be working correctly. However, today when she tries to access the disc it is reporting that there is no data. She has changed the leads and checked that another HDD can be read and written to using the same USB port. The problem disc is spinning as can be heard and the necessary LEDs are lit. Does any one have any thought on the problem, and do you think the data can be recovered

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:07 13 Mar 2019

what is showing in disk management? if showing RAW Do Not Format The Drive 3 Tb will take a lot of scanning to recover data

RISC OS user 14:55 13 Mar 2019

Thank you for your reply. However, I am not sure what you mean " if showing RAW " I thought RAW was a Picture format like JPEG but much better as it has all the picture data and is unprocessed. Are you also indicating that the data could be retrieved. Some of it is Word Docs, Jpegs and other files.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 15:54 13 Mar 2019
Answer

click here will explain it. there are many programs out there that will attempt to recover the data a free one is RECUVA

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei MateBook X Pro (2019) review

Magical mystery tour - Artist colourfully customises bus to promote positive mental health

Apple Streaming Service Release Date & Apple TV Subscription Rumours

Quel est le meilleur iPad ?