3-Pin Connection?

  kavsmate 16:51 07 Mar 2009

If this is in the wrong place, feel free to move it to where it needs to be.

I'm having a problem getting a cooling fan for my Dell desktop.

I can find a fan that will fit, but the connection for the fan I currently have in the PC (which sounds like a drain at the minute) is an odd, flat 3 pin connector, which doesn't look like a standard 3 pin connector, with an unlocking tab at the top (similar to ethernet or phone connections on smaller). I can't find anywhere that has this kind of connector on a cooling fan and I don't know what to call it when searching the net.

Can anyone tell me what the connector is (from my bad description)?

  Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:02 07 Mar 2009

Case fan?

then just get one that powers from the PSU with a molex connector.

  woodchip 22:17 07 Mar 2009

A fan will work with just two wires a + and - connection , number three wire most likely for speed regulation, or to tell you what speed its running at

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Sea of Thieves Review

Dell Canvas review: the cheap Wacom Cintiq alternative

How to use iMovie for Mac, tips and more

Comment filmer l’écran d’un iPhone ?