2nd floppy

conrail 19:04 11 Jan 2004

using xp pro have been given a computer to canabise, I have put the floppy into my pc as a b-drive, have used 1 cable from m.board to both floppy's and both have power but 2nd floppy not recognised, swapping connections to each floppy will get 2nd drive working as A but not 1st, cable is new so hoping it is faulty, anybody had similar problems can help, my wife and I have work on floppy's going back 10 years which is needed and used regularly

Djohn 19:06 11 Jan 2004

Have you be into the BIOS and enabled the second floppy?

AubreyS 19:06 11 Jan 2004

Can you not copy all that work to CD?

DieSse 20:31 11 Jan 2004

Djohn's suggestion is probably correct - but why do you want 2 floppy drives - it confers no advantages of any kind?

VoG II 20:33 11 Jan 2004

I hope that all this work on floppies is backed-up somewhere - they can and do fail.

woodchip 20:44 11 Jan 2004

You can only use one floppy at once, So why

conrail 21:18 11 Jan 2004

thanks for suggestion Djohn, never been into bios, will have a look, to answer other reply's: all work on floppy's is needed because work computers have cd drive disabled and only floppy drive enabled so all data on 2 floppy's and sorted into headings, so always have a backup floppy of all work as would be disasterous to lose any information and just thought that as I have 2nd drive can save to 2 discs without swapping, login in there somewhere

woodchip 21:22 11 Jan 2004

Not wanting to offend, but does you computer still burn wood. It would be nice to know what Operating System you are still using

woodchip 21:23 11 Jan 2004

Sorry I see the above on OS

Audeal 21:26 11 Jan 2004

He states that he uses XP Pro.

conrail 21:39 11 Jan 2004

thanks so much for your help Djohn, that has worked fine

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Indie publisher Canongate’s top 10 book covers of 2017

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Tablettes Amazon Fire : quel modèle choisir ?