Is 250gb ssd enough for what i do?

_mxstv 14:26 03 May 2017
Answered

I wanto buy a samsung evo 850 ssd which is expensive for my budget but i think itll be worth it...

I need advice as i dont know if i need the 500gb as opposed to the 250gb.

Ill only be having my os and a maybe 2 games (overwatch and league of legends) and ill only be watching youtube and movies and doing homework via microsoft office. Will 250gb run out easy if i get it?

Thnks in advance.

Archonar 15:40 03 May 2017
Answer

The two games ask for about 40gb in their system requirements, windows 10 needs around 20gb, and other programs probably won't take more than 5-10gb max so that should be more than enough space. As long as you manage it wisely you shouldn't have an issue with those requirements.

Archonar 15:41 03 May 2017

Just to clarify, that 40gb is for both games, LoL needs around 8gb and Overwatch says 30gb

Old Deuteronomy 16:49 03 May 2017

Just looking at Amazon, Samsung 850 evo SSDs are looking very well priced at the moment. If you can stretch to the 500GB drive, now would seem like a good time to buy, then you will have less worries about future capacity needs. Note also, larger SSDs are usually faster and have greater endurance.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Officially Launches In The UK

Moving Brands on 20 years of bringing life to brands - and keeping their brand socially responsible

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques Bluetooth (2018)