2 wireless mice not working

ponytail 10:02 28 May 2018

I have tried to use my mouse to copy and paste and the cursor does not move and it has been fine all morning.I have just tried my spare mouse and that does not work either I then tried the mouse my wife uses on her laptop and that one worked am just going to try my mice in my wifes laptop and will post the result on here.Has anyone got any ideas.Thanks.

ponytail 10:05 28 May 2018

I have just tried the following I have plugged both my mice into my wifes notepad and they do not work on there either.I then plugged her mouse into my laptop and it works.Have tried new batteries but no change and the batteries were fairly new anyway

alanrwood 10:10 28 May 2018

I assume you have switched them on.

Also check for battery acid leakage on the battery contacts.

Ensure batteries inserted the correct way round.

Remove the dongle from the USB socket and listen for the "bong" sound then re-insert and listen for it again to show that the dongle has been recognised.

Govan1x 10:23 28 May 2018

If logitech use their unifying software.

ponytail 11:14 28 May 2018

There is no option to turn them off and the batteries are the right way round and are quite new.I have taken both dongles out several times and I get the bong sound when I take them out and when I put them back in.They are made by trust.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 11:32 28 May 2018

Uninstall and reinstall the drivers

ponytail 13:05 28 May 2018

I have just been on device manager and was going to click on roll back button but it is greyed out so cannot use it

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 13:38 28 May 2018

Uninstall then - Action scan for new hardware and let windows reinstall them.

ponytail 15:24 28 May 2018

I uninstalled one of the devices then went system,device manager,expand mice and other pointing devices,double click on desired input device,selected driver tab,clicked on update driver then got the message Windows has determined the driver softwarefor your device is up to date.

ponytail 16:07 28 May 2018

Been a slight change my two mice will still not work either Any help appreciatedon my laptop,my wifes laptop or the notepad.The mouse which belongs with the notepad works with the notepad but will now not work on my laptop Any help appreciated.

ponytail 13:45 29 May 2018

I managed to get one of the mice working by fiddling around with battery but the other will not work.As I was into town I took the mouse with me and went into the local PC shop I use and the owner tried to use it on one of his laptops and got the same result.So have contacted Trust the makers and told them the problem will just have to wait and see what they say.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

FIFA 19 review

Design a vector map packed with creatures and landmarks

iPhone XS vs iPhone X: What is the difference?

Comment désactiver la lecture automatique des vidéos sur Chrome ?