2 versions AdAware in Control Panel

newearwax 20:33 02 Jun 2005

In Control Panel two versions of AdAware are listed- 6 Personal and SE Personal. When I try to remove 6 I am told Unable to open INSTALL,LOG file>> I have tried removing SE first and then 6 but still the same result. I have examined the registry list of software looking for Lavasoft or Adaware but cannot find. Perhaps I am looking for the wrong name or in wrong place. I have also run C Cleaner to fix any issues and also used that utility’s uninstaller but still the same results. Can any friend assist please? Thanks.

System Windows XP Home SP2

stalion 20:37 02 Jun 2005

you need to re-install adaware se personal which should give you the option to delete 6 before you install

newearwax 22:09 02 Jun 2005

Did as you suggested but I'm afraid it did not do the trick; thanks any way. Any more suggestions out there?

newearwax 22:18 02 Jun 2005

Problem solved. In the nd I went into program folder and dragged 6 to <<Handybits file shredder>> then to Control Panel which told me listing was for a non esitent program. Remove y/n. Chose y and all is hunkydory.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator of witty, relatable Instagram comics Julia Bernhard touches on our humble moments

iMac Pro review

Quelle est la meilleure application de podcast pour Android (2018) ?