2 or 3 times a week I get one of these

wee eddie 17:27 02 Jan 2018
Answered

A different named recipient each time. Anyone care to explain, I have always assumed that someone is, very occasionally, using my address for spamming others.

None of the recipients are in my address book or are known to me in any way that I can remember

wee eddie 17:27 02 Jan 2018
  Forum Editor 17:39 02 Jan 2018

Your link produces a 404 error - the page cannot be found on the server.

wee eddie 17:43 02 Jan 2018

The "click here" brings up a Screen Print that I have put on Google Drive. On my Screen anyway

Excuse me as this id the first rime I have tried putting any file on-line for sharing. What do you think I have done wrong?

wee eddie 17:45 02 Jan 2018

"id the first rime"

Should, of course, read "is the first time". Silly me!

Aitchbee 19:14 02 Jan 2018

I'm getting both of your links ok, wee eddie, but sorry can't help you any further.

The first one can be opened in a new tab, by right clicking on it.

bremner 20:56 02 Jan 2018

The link just takes me to Google sign in

wee eddie 21:33 02 Jan 2018

I will obviously have to find a better way of posting a link

Forum Editor 22:37 02 Jan 2018

I've emailed you with a suggestion.

wee eddie 00:23 03 Jan 2018

Thanks FE, it's not that important. I shall think about it in the morning

wee eddie 05:33 03 Jan 2018

This is the content of this email. The [email protected] is within these <> but the Formatting of the Forum seems to hide such content, so I have used ()

*Mail Delivery Service ([email protected])

• These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server: [email protected]; Failed; 5.3.0 (other or undefined mail system status) Remote MTA syn.etcmail.com: network error
    • SMTP protocol diagnostic: 554 5.7.1 [P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the message.*

and another

*Mail Delivery Service ([email protected])

• These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server: [email protected]; Failed; 5.1.1 (bad destination mailbox address) Remote MTA mx1.earthlink.net: SMTP diagnostic: 550 [email protected] account is unavailable*

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Moto G6 Play Review: First Look

iPad 9.7in (2018) review

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 8 & iPhone 8 Plus