2 Monitors , 1 PC ?

Iiyama lover 20:55 04 Sep 2003

My slot car club is moving away from clumsy manual lapcounting to using a PC. Photosensors under the track 'talk' to the PC via a printer cable connected to a special card inside.

It occurs to me that it would be bloddy amazing if the display could be seen by the drivers as well as race control. The software has a 'large font' setting for just this occurance.

However to do this properly would involve a second and large monitor wired in and facing the drivers.

Is it possible to connect a second monitor? Bearing in mind we will be using a laptop and that said machine will already have the extra lapcounting card installed, I would imagine the device by which the second (CRT) monitor is connected would have to be external?

Please advise...

Many thanks - Deane (click here)

interzone55 21:21 04 Sep 2003

I may be missing the point here, but most laptops have a VGA or S-Video output, could you not just attach the monitor to that?

rickf 21:25 04 Sep 2003

nView software will let you transfer one image from one pc to another. Not at all sure this is what you meant though.

Iiyama lover 21:59 04 Sep 2003

Alan14,

I found out about that after posting this topic but i'm not sure the laptop the club will use has such 'outs'

are there other options?

Regards - DEANE

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iMac Pro review

Illustrator Charles Williams on how to create magazines and book covers

iMac Pro review

Les meilleures prises CPL (2018)