1600xp as 1900xp Questions

woodchip 17:02 12 Nov 2003

I am running at the moment a Athlon 1600xp+ at 19000, Temps just the same CPU 49c System 37c standard CPU coolermaster fan and PSU fan. The system works far better I get no corrupt files, It boots OK Have I missed anything on Win98. Can you see any problems.

Mike574 03:52 13 Nov 2003

As to your Palmino being a good overclocker. AMD have recognised there is a niche market for those of us that like to o/c our cpu's so they have been making alot of their processors unlocked which is why AMD have historically been the o/cers favourite, however Intel have now cottoned on and are releasing chips that are unlocked aswell. Out of the XP series of cpu's the Palamino are considered the worst for o/cing as they are manufactured using older design/technology than the Thoroughbreds and Bartons. This causes them to run hotter when o/ced and hence may cause stability issues. I used to have a XP1800 Palamino o/ced to a XP2000 with no probs at a cpu temp of around 51c. Now I have an XP2800 Barton o/ced to an XP3200 with a cpu temp of around 29c. Hope this clears things up for you and happy o/cing.

woodchip 10:35 13 Nov 2003

Thanks for the impute. I have not tried it any higher, I also have a PCI 3D Blaster Banshee Graphics Card, so its overclocked that as well

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Turn a photo into 16-bit pixel art

iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs

Football : comment regarder la Ligue 1 en direct ?