12V to 240V transformer

  johndrew 15:44 29 Jun 2006

You will need an inverter with a transformer. The inverter to give you alternating current at 50Hz (UK supply, 60Hz USA) from your car`s DC supply and the transformer to raise the voltage from 12vdc to about 230vac.

There are both solid state units and motorized. Beware those that provide a square output; they may be fine for irons and kettles but not PCs.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Amazon slashes Echo Dot price to just £24.99 to kick off Black Friday

The 51 Best Free Typefaces Every Designer Should Have

Mac mini 2018 review

Les meilleurs écouteurs et casques audio (2018)