1&1 web hosting problem?

Forum Editor 23:49 23 Aug 2004

We've been getting the occasional thread about problems with 1&1 hosting packages, so I thought I would approach the company with a view to establishing a point of contact - so we can go straight to the company for help and advice.

I'm delighted to say that 1&1 have responded very positively, and have offerd us as much help as we need. There won't be a 1&1 forum presence initially - but if you have a problem just post a new thread about it and I'll pass the details to 1&1. They'll respond, and I'll post their reply. If as we go along we find that it's necessary to have someone from 1&1 here in the forum with us I'll invite them to do that.

Forum Editor 17:06 24 Aug 2004

of the 1&1 management, and a promise that any problems/questions will get their close attention. It's good to know, and I hope that any forum member who needs help will take advantage of the fact. We aim to encourage other hosting companies to join us in this way, so that we continue to develop this area of our forum into a really useful contact point for anyone running their own web site(s).

Forum Editor 07:17 25 Aug 2004

What happened is that I deleted your thread because Taran alerted me to the fact that you had inadvertantly published your 1&1 account details.

Events have moved on, you've posted a revised thread - and I've passed the information to 1&1.

Forum Editor 07:01 27 Aug 2004

is because I invited them to. I also invited some other web hosting companies, but so far none of them have seen fit to bother to respond.

I can understand your obvious irritation at what has happened (1&1 sent me an automated email reminder when I didn't update my card details), but to be honest I hardly think one incident justifies you in saying "I would not recommend them to my worst enemy."

Would you like me to pass details of your problem to 1&1 for their comments?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)