100% Disk in task manager and no solutions work

George Connett 16:28 07 Jan 2017

Has been like this for a while and no solutions seemed to work but only recently has it become unbearable and i'm considering replacing my HDD

I have tried many solutions such as: - Disabling windows search and superfecth - temporarily disabling windows defender - increasing virtual memory size - disabling certain options in google chrome - i've even tried swapping the sata cable with the one connecting my disk drive

Specs: Windows 10 Home (10.0.14393), MS-7721 x64, AMD A8-6600K APU, 2x8 GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660,

HDD: Drive- C:, Compressed- No, File system- NTFS, Size- 920GB, Free space- 645GB, Volume Name- Ti31013500A, Volume serial number 522E3188,

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

Govan1x 20:45 07 Jan 2017

Go into services and Disable Windows update and stop it from running. Reset it again once a month for any updates then do the same again.

It takes very little for the disc to show 100% I would be surprised if every one does not get it.Been like that on my computer since downloading W8 and upgrading to W10. it was not as bad on W7.

Malwarebytes is the biggest culprit for me.

George Connett 20:51 07 Jan 2017

It was already disabled but thanks for the help anyway

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple