1 & 1 - Quick Hosting Question

gplatt2000 10:08 31 Jan 2004

Hi there! I am thinking of purchasing hosting from 1 & 1. I need one of their Microsoft packages, because I need to link my site with an Access database, so need .asp. Looking at their plans click here;jsessionid=590954B079E439D3FF1ED435BC7FC0ED.TC32a?__frame=_top the Home package seems to have all the features I need (enough bandwith, sotaorage space, emails) except one vital thing - in its list of features it doesnt say that the host supports Access databse (it does specifficcally say this for the next packageup, the Business plan). Does this mean, despite being a MS .net server I couldn't use a database (I have used FrontPage 2003's DAta REsults View wizard)??

I have tried e-mailing 1 & 1 but havent yet recieved an answer, and thought someone on here may use their hosting and know about this.

Thanks a lot in advance

Gavin

barryoneoff.co.uk 23:14 31 Jan 2004

to the business package, purely because I needed more bandwidth. The feature you want was not included in the home package, but you get it all in the business.

gplatt2000 23:17 31 Jan 2004

Thanks a lot for that barry! Bit of a dissappointment really, suppose Ill just have to go for the business package!

Thanks again

gplatt2000 14:49 01 Feb 2004

One thing - does anyone know of any hosts cheaper than one & one that offer the features I need?

asp so I can link Access database to the site
Fairly high monthly transfer allowance

Dont need much webspace, or e-mails (just a couple of POP3 acccounts)

Thanks again

gplatt2000 16:32 03 Feb 2004

Thanks for the reccomeendation forum meber. I have had a look at their site - the 'home Pro' account seems to have what I need, but is only £1.month cheaper than 1 & 1. however I weill bear it in mind

PS: 1 & 1 have now replied (last night), and apologised for their delayed response (although to be honest it was only 2 working days, just happenned to be over the weekend)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

HP Envy x2 review: Hands-on

Iconic New York graphic designer Milton Glaser on his uplifting new subway posters

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment suivre le parcours du père Noël ?