What do you think of the new steam interface

mrgrumpy 17:25 31 Oct 2019

I opened steam client today to be greeted by a new interface panel and its a nightmare to set up. When it opened up in one long listing down left side it had installed , uninstalled games I own and the hidden games list. Most puzzling of all was their were literally dozens of games listed dating back to 2012 when I first got steam. They were obviously greyed out but why did that list even get put in the client , they are not even in my hidden folder. It took me ages to get rid of all the unwanted items in the list.

I went onto steam forum to voice my opinion as I do lol , and loads of users are saying bring back the old interface . If it aint broke don't fix it , nobody from steam has commented yet.

Flat Earther 23:49 31 Oct 2019

Doesn't seem much different from before, just set the filter to 'installed locally'

mrgrumpy 07:36 01 Nov 2019

Hi i did that after i picked up the toys i threw out of my pram

QuizMan 23:09 01 Nov 2019

I daresay I'll get used to it although the previous version worked well for me.

mrgrumpy 15:12 02 Nov 2019

Hi quizman , log into steam forum and take a look at what all users are saying about the new layout literally dozens of people are complaining about it.

Lots of them are blocked so you cant add your own comment and some people are saying if you refresh the pages often enough you will see steam people deleting what they don't want users to read.

QuizMan 15:48 02 Nov 2019

Hi mrgrumpy. I think there is an automatic reaction to assume there is no such thing as a change for the better when something was does what you ask of it. A case of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it". But that does not mean that it is not going to be better. I am getting used to the new interface and it works well enough for my limited needs. Now that I have found out how to see just a list of installed games, I can get on with using it in much the same way as before. When I have a bit more time on my hands, I'll explore the interface rather more thoroughly and see if I am missing out on something good!

mrgrumpy 15:52 02 Nov 2019

Like you i finally got it to do what i want but lots of users still not happy

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Motorola Razr (2019) confirmed: Release date, price and specs

Photoshop for iPad is finally out – but what do designers think?

MacBook Pro 16in review: Hands-on

Motorola Razr (2019) : date de sortie, prix et fiche technique