Unexplained FPS drop with no apparent reason

Othmane MOUBARAK 23:36 11 Mar 2018

Hi guys, since 2 days the fps on all of my games dropped by half, for exemple : While i had a constant 60 fps (60hz monitor) On Max settings on Dark Souls 3 / Metal Gear Solid 5, i now have at max 30 - 35 fps on them, with no apparent reason, the heat of the GPU is fine, ( around 65 - 70 celsius degrees ), the Ram & CPU Usage are normal ( 40% for the CPU most of the time, 60 - 80% for the RAM ) and 100% GPU usage according to HW Monitor.

Note that i haven't installed any software whatsoever in the last 2 days ...

My specs are : Windows 8.1 Pro AMD Ryzen 5 1500x EVGA SSC GTX 1060 6GB Corsaire Vengeance 3200Mz 8Go Dual Channel Ram Asrock AB350M Pro4 Motherboard (latest bios) Seagate barracuda st1000dm010

I have tried : - Reinstalling the drivers - Increasing fan speed - Disabling useless non-microsoft services and some microsoft services (Windows Installer / Update / Superfetch / Printer stuff, etc...) - Disabling start-up services aside from 3 (scp ds3 controller service / eagleget / shareX)

Please help guys, i'm lost ...

Forum Editor 22:37 12 Mar 2018

Moved to the Games forum from Tech Helproom.

Othmane MOUBARAK 20:05 15 Mar 2018

Thank's guys for the help & intentions, figured it was a bitcoin mining malware, my GPU was running at 95% even when not playing games, i've reinstalled windows and that solved it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Huawei Mate 20 Pro review: In-depth hands-on

See concept art from groundbreaking video games including The Last of Us, Journey and No Man's Sky

iPhone XR release date, price & specs

Les meilleurs VPN pour Kodi (2018)