Strange Stuttering Problem and Vsync

George Moldovan 14:57 17 Mar 2019

First I want to tell you about my setup: I have a Ryzen 5 2600, GTX 1070,240GB SSD,1TB HardDisk and 8GB RAM memory 2400mhz OC to 3000mhz. I have a strange problem, every game that I play is stuttering, even Fortnite is stuttering. I checked the GPU and CPU usage and they are in perfect parameters. But what is more strange is that when I enable Vsync in all my games, including Battlefield 1 and Fortnite the games run perfectly even on High settings. I have a 144hz monitor and I do not know what to do, I have never had that problem, and it is quite strange, to see that every game is stuttering and you turn on Vsync and that makes the playable, so playable. A friend suggested me to buy another stick of 8gb memory and that should solve the problem, because even if the games run perfectly with Vsync on I do not want to cap my Fps for the rest of my life. I need someone to explain to me, maybe what is happening is normal and another stick of 8gb ram should solve all the things but first I need an explanation about what the hell is happening?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPad Air (2019) review

Microsoft Paint's not dead

iMac 27in (2019) review

Les bons plans logiciels et services (2019)