PS3 Heat and power issues.

Chiragpanikar 08:20 18 Jul 2018

Recently decided to clean out my backwards compatible 60gb PS3 and replace the thermal paste (It was incredibly filthy) Upon reassembly, the fan went full blast and sounded like a airliner. I then turned it off and booted it up again. I noticed how quiet the PS3 was, and after about 2 short minutes I automatically turned off before it gave off a heat warning. I came to the conclusion that the fan had broke. And I disassembled and reassembled it again to see if I had somehow did something wrong. Upon reassembly the PS3 refuses to turn on and there is no red light despite what the switch is on. I'd appreciate any help I could get on this issue. Note the PS3 was fully functional before this.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 6T McLaren edition costs more and charges faster

Artist Yippie Hey on 3D printing a futuristic magazine cover

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comparatif : PS4 vs Nintendo Switch