problems whist starting steam client

KEITH 1955 17:48 06 Apr 2019

I clicked a game in client I wanted to download and instead of games name it said something like %£!$&* is preparing to download , I stopped it and now I cant launch the client after clicking on its short cut , it just says "my name" is contacting server and then it just hangs

john bunyan 21:58 06 Apr 2019

If you run system restore frequently, maybe restore to a time before the problem.

Menzie 22:51 06 Apr 2019

Uninstall and reinstall Steam. Move the folder mentioned here so that you can copy it back in place and not have to redownload all your games.

KEITH 1955 23:20 06 Apr 2019

thanks to both of you for feedback , all ok now , I thought something bad had happened because when steam was "hanging" I did not get the usual …. failed to connect to sever message

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Samsung Galaxy Fold review: Hands-on

How to create a robot painting in Photoshop

iMac 21.5in (2019) review

French Days 2019 : dates, sites participants & bons plans