PC shutdowns/reboot while playing games

ALT4R 20:44 09 Nov 2017

Hello. I know this is a problem already issued in many places through the internet, but it's been a while now, and I have found no working solution.

First, the problem :

I built my computer 2/3 years ago. It worked fine for a good while, but some months ago (6 maybe), the PC began to suddenly reboot while playing games (Witcher 3, Dishonored 2, Diablo 3, WoW, all in Ultra quality, as it worked really fine before). I tried in low quality, it would eventually reboot too.

I gave it to a IT in my town, they changed the GPU, and said it worked. It didn't when I tried it at home.

I found some fix on the internet : First I turned off Core Parking : didn't changed a bit. I lowered the "minimal processor state" in the windows power options : THAT worked. For a while ! I even managed to play Witcher 3 for hours.

Some weeks later, the reboots came back, while playing WoW as I tested the maximum quality. I dumbed down all the options. Worked again. And now... Cannot even play to WoW or the Witcher 3, while I tried again the fix.

Also, sometimes when rebooting it says "overcloacking failed". Not all the time tho, and I don't remember ever trying to overcloacking anything.

SO.... I really don't know what to do anymore... Anyone had the same issue ?

My config :

WIN 10 64bits v1703 Intel Core i7-5820K - 3,3 GHz RAM : 16 Go (2 x 8 Go) - DDR4 2133 MHz Cas 16 CRUCIAL GPU : NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 8Go (previously : GeForce GTX 980 DC2 OC STRIX 4Go) Hard Drives : 2x Barracuda 2 To Alimentation Cooler Master B700 V2 - 700W Motherboard X99 SSD Kingston SSDNow 120 Go

I hope someone could give me some hints to find a fix... I'm not good with computers and sorry if I make mistakes, I'm french.

Thanks for reading through all this.

A.

Forum Editor 09:12 11 Nov 2017

Moved to the Games forum from Tech Helproom. You may get a response there. As for making mistakes - your English is fine. I doubt that most English people could post a question to a computer forum in French.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Print designer Kelly Anna on confident mark making & modern femininity

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Comment créer, utiliser et supprimer son compte Facebook ?