Is the pc I've bought any good?

RoyHodgson 19:56 10 May 2019
Answered

Hi, I bought a pc on eBay the other day, I was looking for a good all round computer that I could also use for casual gaming at a low price. What do you think would be the right price to have paid for this?

Dell Optiplex 9010 i-5 Quad Core 3470 running at 3.2GHz 16G RAM 1TB HDD Nvidia Geforce GTX 1050 Ti 4Gb

Also, how would you consider upgrading to get the most out of it?

KEITH 1955 13:30 11 May 2019

don't be offended but are you buying , quote "you are asking what would be the right price TO HAVE PAID" , why ask when you already own it.

are you selling and trying to find out what its worth because I googled the pc and I only found refurbs and none with a gtx ti

KEITH 1955 13:33 11 May 2019

done a bit more surfing and found this

click here

RoyHodgson 21:15 11 May 2019

Thanks for the reply kieth, I'm not very knowledgeable about these things and was experiencing doubts about having bought something I wasn't sure about.

I bought it off a seller who had bought it refurbished a year ago. Including p+p i paid £173 for it.

I was just wondering if that was a reasonable price and what improvements i should prioritise if any.

Devil Fish 01:06 12 May 2019

To be honest it is not worth upgrading if you just want it for casual games. if you want to play the latest games at good frames then you would be looking at buying or building a newer machine which will not give you much change out of £1000

Flat Earther 01:56 12 May 2019
Answer

Around £30 for a 240GB SSD to host the Operating System is always a worthwhile upgrade.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

EE is the UK's first 5G network, launching next week

Philips 499P9H monitor review – this 49-inch screen turns heads and will make your colleagues…

MacBook Pro Buying Guide: 13in vs 15in MacBook Pro

Test : casque audio Avanti C de Moshi