New PS4 hard drive problem

madmike 14:05 01 Jan 2017

I am in the process of installing a new bigger hard drive to my PS4, I have downloaded all the relevant software updates,from Playstation website it starts going through the installation, but for some reason it won't complete, can anyone help. Many Thanks. Mike.

Archonar 14:55 01 Jan 2017

When you say it won't complete, what is the issue? Do you get an error message? Does the PS4 just crash?

Maybe try redownloading the PS4 software and try again, could just be a bad download.

madmike 15:13 01 Jan 2017

I went from safe mode > initialize ps4(reinstall system software) then followed the on screen instructions to install the software from a usb stick it then initialized and perpared and installed the software then it restarted the ps symble came up then it restarted again then a message came up saying "cannot start ps4 connect dualshock4 controller with the usb cable and push the ps button".

Archonar 10:57 02 Jan 2017

Did you remove the usb before it restarted? It might be causing some issues with the boot sequence.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Threadripper 2990WX review

New Nvidia graphics cards offer 'industry-changing' real-time raytracing on your computer for the…

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 9

Les meilleurs téléphones portables basiques (2018)