Need more storage for my SSD Gaming Space!

prbentley 18:38 17 Jan 2018

Hello

I have two Sandisk Extreme Pro 960GB (2TB) in RAID 0, and I'm wanting extra storage space for gaming apps, such as my Steam games, because I don't have enough space etc.. My question is: If I reformat the two Sandisks, could I add an PCI E ssd for extra space, for windows 10 and other apps and use the two Sandisks in RAID 0 for gaming or is there a better alternative?

MJS WARLORD 11:20 21 Jan 2018

I have 2 ssd on my games rig , I use c for the op sys and anything that you cant choose where to install and d drive for all steam and none steam games , when you reinstall steam client you must use the same user name , password etc or you wont get your games list back to re-install them. when installing steam choose existing user.

you must have a hell of a lot of stuff you don't use if you are thinking of getting another ssd , rather than buy another drive I would seriously consider having a clear out.

a pal of mine had 2 massive hard drives almost full just so he could show everyone how much stuff he got , then he wondered why his pc was slow. have you fallen into the same trap ( no offence meant ) , seriously have a clear out of stuff you know you don't need or hardly ever use.

prbentley 14:43 21 Jan 2018

Thanks for the info!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Home Hub review

This graphic novel uses AR to blur the lines between cartoon, comic and video game

How to watch Apple's October 2018 iPad launch

Comment d├ęsinstaller des applications sur un Mac ?