My Computer Needs An Upgrade

BrodieBarry 10:42 10 Feb 2018
Answered

Hello, I'd love to upgrade my computer so I can play Overwatch and such, but, I don't have a clue about what I'm doing. Id prefer to keep my budget under $1000. Here are the components in my computer. (By the way, does this post belong here?)

Operating System Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1

CPU Intel Core i5 2400 @ 3.10GHz Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology

RAM 8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard Hewlett-Packard 1497 (SOCKET 0)

Graphics ASUS VW193T ([email protected]), HP LE1902x ([email protected]), 512MB ATI Radeon HD 4550 (ATI)

Storage 465GB Seagate ST3500413AS ATA Device (SATA)

Optical Drives hp DVD A DH16ABSH ATA Device

Audio High Definition Audio Device

I just got this information from Speccy, :P

Menzie 20:18 10 Feb 2018

Right now graphics cards are difficult to get a hold of at a fair price particularly in the US.

If you are upgrading now you'd have to use stock checkers and act fast as some video cards are selling out now in less than 20 mins.

For the first time in ages pre-built is now a solid option and now around the same price as building yourself once you factor in the price of video cards.

If you also haven't upgraded a PC before pre-built would be the better option overall.

Devil Fish 00:27 27 Feb 2018
Answer

go for prebuilt no saving in self build these days.The only reason i self build is if something goes belly up under warrenty i can RMA a single component rather than whole machine as i have spares lying around it works for me.And with a budget of $1000 you can pick up something better than you specced out

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Microsoft Surface Book 2 15in review

Illustrator Amy Grimes on how setting up her own eco-brand led to success with clients too

MacBook Pro keyboard issues and other problems

Test : l’enceinte connectée HomePod d’Apple