Looking to buy a PC but only understand basics

Donne11y 12:28 08 Nov 2017

I've been looking at buying a PC for a few months now and it all sort of goes way over my head.

Just wondered if anyone could help me me out? I'm looking to spend around £1200 on it. Would be willing to spend more if on finance also.

Thank you!

john bunyan 13:24 08 Nov 2017

Do you want a desktop or a laptop - if so what is your main interest? If just for browsing and word then you could get one for a lot cheaper. If it is for gaming, then that needs a high specification.

Donne11y 13:54 08 Nov 2017

Hi John. Apologies, would have helped if i had mentioned that!!!

I would be looking for a desktop and i would be mainly using it for Gaming.

john bunyan 16:31 08 Nov 2017

Donne11y

I would look at the Novatech website. I bought a desktop from them last year and will send price and spec later - around £ 900 plus monitor with more or less gaming specs. Out at the mo so on iphone.

Menzie 17:30 08 Nov 2017

I'll save FE the trouble and recommend Chillblast. Looking at their site a 6-core i5 can be made with a 24" monitor with a 1060 video card in your budget.

I'll post links to websites below.

Call the contact number on them and someone there will be happy to help you with getting a PC that is perfect for your needs.

It's difficult when it is you aren't overly technical but Chillblast and CCL (my personal recommendation) will see you right. They will provide a good system within budget.

Some key things to look for:

Quad Core CPU or better 16GB RAM Nvidia GeForce 1060

Chillblast: click here Computers click here Novatech recommendation above is good too. I have heard many good things about their service.

CCL The

Menzie 17:34 08 Nov 2017

For some reason my formatting appears in an odd way.

Anyway, one link is for CCL Computers and the other for Chillblast.

Donne11y 17:38 08 Nov 2017

Thanks guys, will have a look!

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

AMD Radeon Adrenalin release date, new features, compatible graphics cards

Artist Pete Oswald on creating relatable characters & his new book

New iMac Pro release date, UK price & specs rumours

Idées cadeaux pour geeks et tech addicts