Hot Topics

Looking at building my own PC (Hows this spec?)

StuBurt 13:59 16 May 2020

So I am looking to purchase components for a new PC I currently have some components available and trying to add to them to complete something that will last and that I can upgrade over time.

Please look at the below spec would love some ideas on what to change or if you have a completely different idea i am all ears. (If you could please keep in mind I am going for a white theme)

Already Have: GPU: RTX 2080Ti Founders Edition RAM: 4x 8GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX 2666MHz 1TB SSD - OS 2TB SSD - DATA

Looking to purchase: CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X Mother Board: Asus Prime X570 Pro CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro Series H100i Case: NZXT H510 ELite Power Supply: Corasir RMx White RM750x

I am not an expert so if i'm missing something please let me know.

I hope you can help :)

Menzie 17:17 16 May 2020

If your budget can stretch to it replace the OS drive with a NVME M2 drive of the same size.

The M2 drive is a lot faster and the speed of the drive will matter as the next gen consoles will support ultra fast storage.

On the PC side it will mean that game engines will also become reliant on fast storage to load all the textures and elements required in real-time.

You can replace the second drive with an M2 down the road if required.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

1x1 pixel
Elsewhere on IDG sites

Google Pixelbook Go review

All the Creative Live Streams that'll save 2020

Different Think: Apple, stop being so successful!

French Days 2020 : dates, sites participants & bons plans