Laptop suggestions for basic gaming?

modchick61 21:55 29 Dec 2015

Hi there, I'd really appreciate some advice from anyone who knows their way around laptops. I have a laptp that's about to give up the ghost (a HP but don't know anything else) and thinking of getting a new one in the January sales. I'm wanting to explore games a little more but the most complex I'll be running is the new Assassins Creed and the like. I'm definitely not going to be a mega games (sadly) but I would like to be certain that what I buy will last a good few year and play games like this. I know that the "gamer" laptops cover things like Alienware but I don't think I need anything as good as that. I did ponder a Dell Inpiron 15 7000. I've heard bad things about HP (apparently a friend bought one of theirs and the motherboard went really quickly twice and they weren't the most helpful although my HP is 5-6 years old and so I think I've done quite well) so I'm not sure about them? Anyway I'd like to spend say between £500 and £650 I guess and so if anyone can suggest a good option at this price or if there are good deals I'd really value some advice. Also I did think about getting a refurbished Inspiron via the Dell outlet - does anyone have any experience of this? Thanks so much in advance.

Forum Editor 10:11 30 Dec 2015

Transferred to the Games forum from Tech Consumer Advice.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Mi Mix 3 UK Review: Xiaomi's Flagship Slides Into The UK

2019's best up-and-coming illustrators

New Apple Products 2019: Predicting the new Apple products coming soon

Comment utiliser une manette PS4 ou Xbox One sur votre Mac ?