I think it is GPU related

Axel1243 15:43 08 Feb 2017

Hello, everyone ! For the last 2 days I have been experiencing this problem with my PC. For some reason everytime I try to play a game which features 3D models, as mostly any game features these days, my screen goes either black or random combinations of colours(ex: blue&green) in alternating vertical stripes, then the PC no further responds to any command (alt+f4, ctrl+alt+delete etc, alt+tab) but if not turned off by holding the start up button, it will continue to run like nothing ever happened. Sometimes there's even a a "crrrrrr" sound coming through the audio input, but mostly when I'm lucky enough to get the black screen. Things are going on like this: I enter the game, I get to the menu screen then when I try to enter the game itself and get through the loading screen the PC reacts the way mentioned above. I tried with Dark Souls, CSGO, Sniper Elite v2, Day of Defeat, in other words I have even tried older games with low requirements. Then I tried to rule Brawlhalla, a 2D game, and nothing happened, everything would go the way it's supposed to. I installed the last drivers for both GPU, CPU and even for Windows. I tried some older drivers for GPU and the same thing happened. I don't know what could cause this, but I hope someone may be able to figure out something to atleast have an idea over what has to be done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Oppo Reno 2 Z review: Hands-on

TikTok and how to use it for illustration success

macOS Catalina Review: New MacOS update turns your Mac into an entertainment hub

Les meilleures coques pour iPhone 11, 11 Pro et 11 Pro Max (2019)